Monday, July 27, 2015

Recipe: : Homemade Kettle Corn

I recently had the pleasure of trying out some yummy flavored organic coconut oil. I didn't even know such a thing existed before a couple of weeks ago. One of the flavors I had on hand was lemon-ginger. I wanted to do something unique with it. I decided upon kettle corn! I've made kettle corn in the past, but had forgotten where my recipe went and had to do a little Pinterest hunting before I found just the right one. Of course, I tweaked it a little. The results were amazing! 

Homemade Kettle Corn
 (note -  I made this recipe in a hand cranked popcorn maker)

* 1/4 cup oil (I used lemon-ginger flavored coconut oil)
* 1/4 cup sugar (I used Zulka brand)
* 1/2 cup popcorn kernals
* 1 tsp. real butter
* 1 tps. real vanilla extract
* salt to taste

1. First place your popcorn maker on medium heat.
2. Add your coconut oil, butter, sugar, & vanilla extract. (let it all come together for a few seconds.)
3. Add your popcorn kernals
4.  Turn the heat up just a little bit. (medium/high-ish, to really get the kernals popping, but not to burn the sugar.)
4. Turn the handle every few seconds until you really start to hear the kernals popping, then you will want to turn the handle constantly.
5. Once the kernals start really popping, turn the heat back down to medium.
6. Crank until you don't hear anymore kernals popping., then transfer to a large bowl. 
7. Once in the bowl, add salt to taste. Since the popcorn is a little sticky at first, you might want to use a spoon to help break up the popcorn as you add your salt. 
8. That's it! Now it's time to enjoy! 

(I did some brand dropping in this post, but I assure, I am not getting paid for it. These are brands that I use and trust and I'm simply passing along their awesomeness.)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave kind words here...